American Salon already had an existing Drupal 7 site with the majority of their content types and fields already in place, and they also had a ready-to-go, approved design. We just needed to:
- identify which content types and fields had content that would be used on the redesigned site,
- define a new site architecture,
- massage those pieces to work well with the new site architecture,
- create new views to list and categorize their content,
- and theme the look and feel of the site from the ground up to match the new designs.
Okay, so it was almost a complete redevelopment and redesign project.
The American Salon magazine site was a great project for NEWMEDIA and Questex. Both teams worked well together to complete the project ahead of time (under a tight six-week schedule), identified and added several new features that allowed them to showcase all of their existing content, and delivered a site that worked and looked great on large desktop screens, tablets, and phones. Plus we learned a bit about the latest salon trends in the process.